The Ender Quartet

You can talk about books here. Of course people still read them!

Return to Books

Post Posted on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:31 pm

Of course the series goes beyond the Ender Quartet now, but anyway.... ORSON SCOTT CARD RULES! (Almost as much as Eric Nylund. ;))

So, who's read at least Ender's Game? I'm re-reading Ender's Game because the last time I read it I was 12 and didn't understand any of it. Slowly over time I amassed five total Ender books, finishing my collection of the Quartet, and beginning Bean's series.

What I like about Card's books are that they're mature and provide a storyline. I notice that they tell the story behind the man (or boy in this case) without dwelling and having a page and a half of reflection on something or other. You don't have to be terribly bright to understand the meaning either. When it seems you are being kept in the dark, you are. However, the true meaning of something is always revealed later on.
Kemosabi

Post Posted on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:25 pm

Enders game and enders shadow were pretty good books but I'm not really into most of the rest of them
slinky + escaloter = never ending fun!!!!!
bloody_grunt

Post Posted on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:22 pm

I've read Ender's Game, but Speaker for the Dead put me to sleep about half way through.
I'm also vash_08 at RT
vash_08

Return to Books