What's a Colloquium?

Check this forum for important news announcements from staff and moderators.

Return to Bulletin Board

Post Posted on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:03 am

Episode 02 of Kill Faz, called "Pre-Game Colloquium", is now available for download in the usual three formats. Conveniently enough, it's just over five minutes, so it should work as a short time-filler in-between Halo games, before a big battle in WoW, during loading of Tomb Raider Legend, or even waiting for your download of a Sega emulator to finish to play some old-school Sonic. But whatever your flavor is, you should definitely check out the aforementioned video. If you're confused about what format to get, don't forget that we have conveniently placed a "Download Help" link in the little title bars of each video table thingy on the Videos page. Or, if you don't feel like reading through the long-yet-humorous FAQ, I'll just tell you here. If you're using a Windows PC, go Windows Media. If you're on a Mac, go Quicktime. If you know what you're doing and have DivX installed, go for DivX. My preference is Windows Media because I'm on a Windows PC and provides the best quality, in my opinion. Also, since I use the latest software in encoding the videos, you'll need the latest software to watch them. The links for the proper (free) programs are in the Video FAQ. And for those of you that don't like to download the videos and just want to watch them, I'm going to soon post all of our current videos on YouTube for your convenient watching pleasure.

Now, after watching Episode 02, you may say to yourself, "Self, what just happened? Isn't Episode 02 supposed to be like the best episode ever with a really cool story and stuff? And didn't Episode 02 take FOREVER to make? So what's the deal?" The answer to that (or those) questions is quite simple. The final original script for Episode 02 turned out to be 20 pages long, and, when filmed (which is what took us so long), turned out to be almost 20 minutes of episode time. Now who in their right mind would watch, let alone download, a 20-minute Kill Faz episode? Well I would, but that's not the point. We ended up with 20 minutes of episode time and about 150 gigs of footage. So, we had to split it up. The real episode 02 (the one you downloaded/will download) is the first part of a three-part mini-story. Episode 2, 3, and 4 of Kill Faz will, when put together, form the original Episode 2. So that basically means that episodes 3 and 4 will be out before next week is over, simply because we've already scripted, audioed, and filmed them. So be excited for that. Following episode 4 will be episode 5 (duh) which will be another random funny episode like episode 1 (which we're going to re-do eventually). Episode 6 then will start the true on-going storyline to the Kill Faz series. Episode 7 will be another random funny episode, 8 will continue the storyline, etc etc. We hope you enjoy Episode 2 and the rest of series as much as we do making it. (Seriously, this stuff is great fun.) And by the way, the third part, or Episode 4, isn't quite as long as the other two, so I'm planning to animate some of the audio bloopers that occurred during this long endeavor (pretty much every member of the Kill Faz cast appears in this three-part thing, so I ended up with over two and a half hours of audio to sift through! Although it was mildly enjoyable because of all the random funny stuff that came from their mouths. As a matter of fact, we may have to release a special "Making of Episode 2 Audio" blooper reel (hint hint) video just to show you how random and disfunctional our cast is. Or we'll just include it in the DVD (hint hint) if we ever make one.

Welp, this news post is pretty long, and it's pretty late, so it's time for me to go now. Go watch Episode 2, and, if you haven't seen it, the PSA that's also very funny. See ya!
--Kaisonic--
Webmaster of Kaisonic.net and All Subsidiaries
Kaisonic
Site Admin

Return to Bulletin Board