If I Say It's Not My Fault, I'm Probably Wrong

Check this forum for important news announcements from staff and moderators.

Return to Bulletin Board

Post Posted on Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:06 pm

So after looking at the current poll results, of those of you that actually bothered to vote, 2 of you said that the videos took too long to load. So I took a look at it myself, and they failed to load at all. So then I went and checked my settings over on the file server, and of course, they were wrong, Somehow hotlink protection got enabled on the folder I store the videos in, so now that I turned it off, the videos load fine. Keep in mind though that I wanted to keep quality pretty high with these things, so if the video keeps skipping, just pause it for about 10 seconds to let it load some more, then play it. I know the point of streaming video is to actually stream it continuously as soon as it starts, but to get it like that, the quality would have to have been way too low for my standards. I mean, think about it - would you rather watch an immediately-loading crappy video or a 10-second-or-less-to-load good quality video? That's what I thought.

Also, as promised, I'll be posting high-resolution downloadable versions of a Sonic Tales video later today. I think I'll go with the trailer, just to go in chronological order. So don't forget to check that out later today, and come back next week for more downloadable versions of your favorite Sonic Tales episodes!

Edit: I just finished adding the high-resolution Windows Media and Quicktime versions of the Sonic Tales Trailer to the database. So go download, and don't forget to come back next week!
--Kaisonic--
Webmaster of Kaisonic.net and All Subsidiaries
Kaisonic
Site Admin

Return to Bulletin Board